Wednesday 13 July 2016

First Impressions! Born Pretty Clear Jelly Stamper

I've been wanting to buy this Born Pretty stamper for a very long time. I finally took the plunge about a week ago and splurged a whole £2.99 on it! I know what you're thinking...hey big spender.

I don't know about you, but my Instagram feed is full of stamping tutorials with clear jelly stampers, so I thought it was about high time I tried it out for myself. I chose this Born Pretty stamper thanks to a great recommendation by the lovely Nailasuarus.

Here's what it looks like: It comes as a two piece set complete with scraper. More pics below.
If I'm totally honest, the jelly part wasn't as clear as I was hoping for. You could definitely see through it, but it had a few tiny scratches (from the production process I'm guessing) and air bubbles in it which was a shame. But saying that, I don't think this affected it's performance in any way, as I was still very impressed with the results.


The jelly tip had a sticky texture, which meant the polish stuck to it very well, but unfortunately meant wiping it free of cotton wool fibres (after cleaning polish off) was a nightmare and virtually impossible!

The huge advantage I found with the clear stamper is that you can see exactly where you're placing the stamping design, which means avoiding that annoying 'off-centre' results I normally end up with!


I decided to use my MoYou Explorer 07 plate to test out how it transfers designs. As you can see, it transferred in some places better than others. But I'm very pleased with the overall effect!


Polishes used

I would definitely recommend this stamper set if you are wanting to try nail stamping out. It's so affordable that I don't really think you can go wrong with it!

And with free shipping, a big thumbs up to Born Pretty Store!

-

Do you guys use clear stampers? Let me know what you make of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment