Sunday 23 August 2015

Mo You London nail stamping


After being away from nail painting for so long I was too scared to dive straight in with some free hand, so decided nail stamping was the solution!

So today's post is a quirky stamping design using one of MoYouLondon's XL stamping plates.

Read on for more!

What do you think of my new watermark too!!




I feel an explanation is in order for why I have been away for so long. *sorry face*. For the past year I’ve been working at a Subway store….yes as in the fast food chain…..yes my job title was ‘Sandwich Artist’….and yes it sucked! The point I’m trying to make is that I wasn’t able to have my nails painted for work so I found the blog suffering big time as a result. 

But onto some good news, I’ve got myself a new job! And one that allows me to paint freely! Boom!

So with a huge sign of relief and a great big smile on my face, let’s fling ourselves wholeheartedly back into the nail painting swing of things!

**All the colours used for this look are listed below.**

This manicure was created by doing two coats of white as a base. Next, I used the ‘dry brush’ technique to create a distressed look underneath the stamping design. If you’re not familiar with this technique, it basically involves wiping most of the polish off of the brush applicator before dragging it over the nail. I used multiple colours to brighten up the design a little. I love using this technique, not only is it simple and effective, it’s almost impossible to mess up!

Next comes the tricky part in my eyes, the nail stamping. Now I’m aware many nail bloggers take to nail stamping like a duck to water, but unfortunately I am just not one of these people!  I’ve really struggled perfecting the technique and I’m still lightyears away from that photo-perfect-finish all us bloggers dream of. 

I used the 07 Mo You London stamping plate from their Explorer collection, with the Mo you London stamper, scraper and polish. I really like Mo You London as a brand, not only are their products great quality but their packaging is super fun too!

So ta daa! Here it is! What do you guys think? Let me know!  I’ve missed talking to you all! 

See you in the not so distant blogging-future!

Fran x


              

Polishes used:

White - OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Purple - OPI Push and Pur-Pull
Blue - Colour Club Endless Summer Fiesta
Blue/Green - Kiko 389 Mink Mint
Orange - Ciaté Speed Dial

Stamping Polish:
Mo You London Black Knight



No comments:

Post a Comment