A relatively simple manicure to do. All you will need is a white polish, newspaper cuttings, rubbing alcohol (or vodka) and a top coat.
Optional extras include the letter detail on the thumb. For this you will need a black polish, a nail art brush/striper and a pink polish.
All it takes is 4 simple steps!
Read the 'how to' after the jump.
- Paint 1 or 2 coats of white polish on the nail. Or enough so that it is opaque. Leave to dry.
- Dip the nail in the rubbing alcohol for about 10 seconds. (I used vodka which worked fine too)
- Place a small cutting of newspaper over the wet nail and press down. Be careful not to let the newspaper move around too much to avoid smudging! Press down for about 10 seconds.
- Remove the newspaper and you should have some newspaper print left on your nail! Leave to dry and apply a top coat. The top coat is vital to seal in the text, otherwise it will smudge!
Letter nail art:
- Dip the nail art brush/striper in black polish and draw a rectangle shape on the thumb.
- By copying the image above, draw on the inner 4 lines to complete the envelope shape.
- Clean the brush and dip it in pink polish. Draw a small 'V' shape in the middle of the envelope. This creates the little heart.
- Top coat and done!!
- OPI, My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white)
- Kiko, 275 (black)
- Barry M, 272 Shocking Pink